Heyyy lovelies! It’s SUNDAY aka it’s time for a new blog post. So, if you follow me on Instagram, I would first of all like to say; Thank you! Secondly, you will then know that I like to take my Instagram rather serious. Not in the cool business way though… It’s just that I absolutely love spending hours planning my feed and how exactly to edit my photos. You might think: “Jesus is this what the new generation care about… when I was a kid I…bla bla bla*”. Well, I can’t say that it’s a generation thing, I just think it’s all about aesthetics and having fun creating. And also, I think I’m about the only one of my friends, that care this much about it… Anyway, the reason why I wanted to make this post, is because SO many people either comment or tell me in real life, that they really love my Instagram feed. So I thought, well my blogger community might be interested as well… LONG STORY, SHORT – I hope you enjoy this post and let’s get to it shall we?
- wOrk oUt yoUr sTyLe | Yes, I know this can be rather difficult and it actually did take me a good year to sort out what type of feed and editing I like. However, I feel like that since the start of March I’ve been able to stick to a theme (feel free to stalk my insta feed to make sure haha) “But how did you work out that it was THIS kind of theme you liked, Karen?” – Well, good question, dear reader. I think (and I know I’ve mentioned this a 10000 times now…but) Pinterest was the answer to this. I’d noticed that the pictures I’d pinned there, all had the same sort of ‘editing’. So definitely sign up for Pinterest if you’d like some inspiration for sorting out your taste in photo editing.
- aLwaYs hAve yOur phOne oN yOu | Even though it’s actually really sad to carry your phone everywhere you go – It’s turned out that almost every favourite photo of mine has a) been taken on my iPhone b) been taken as I was doing something else that day. However, if your sense in photography is very pro looking. Then I’ll definitely suggest you bring your camera everywhere instead. I personally like to switch between the two, to be fair to you.
- iNsTaLL ‘UNUM’ beFoRe upLoaDiNg aNy pHoTo ! | I’m not sponsored to say this just to clarify. However, ever since I downloaded UNUM it’s like there was a whole other world to Instagram feeds. Let me explain; So UNUM is an app that lets you plan your feed before uploading any pictures. It may sound weird and very geeky – However, it really helps tidying and balancing out your feed. Like you don’t want to upload two rather dark photos in a row, you should have a light one in the middle.
- mAke suRe yoUr biO lOoKs cLeAn | I know that when making your bio it all depends on taste – some like a lot of text, others a heck load of links, some a wave of emojis & others a simple few lines. Only you know which ‘type’ you are, however I will say that a too jam packed bio does look a bit unorganized and unserious. Also, I’ve found that adding TOO many emojis just does make your bio look both of the words above.
- cReaTe hiGhLigHts | When I am to check out a new persons Instagram profile. I more or less ALWAYS take a look at their highlights. It really gives a good insight in what this person’s up to, it’s hobbies and all in all what to expect from this person. This, is where you need to shine, my love. You need to present yourself in these highlights. Let’s talk about mine, if you were to look through mine you’d end up with a conclusion being; I like to bullet journal & draw, to enjoy rosé on hot days, that I’m addicted to coffee shops & cafés, that the ocean is my happy place and that I love to hang out with my friends. Yup, that sums me up pretty well. So let your highlights do that as well.
- mAke suRe tHat evErY inDiVidUaL pHoTo lOoks goOd | This is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to instagram profiles. You might click on to some profiles and think wow, their feed looks very yellow, blue, pink, green whatever. And it does look kind of cool over all, however as soon as you click on to every individual photo it just doesn’t look cool, aesthetic or anything like that. Treat every single photo of yours like an individual and not just a picture that looks yellow like the rest of the pics in your feed. Trust me when I say; you do NOT want to be one of those people.
So this is how my IG feed is currently looking ATM. If you have any further questions about:
How do you edit your photos? How often do you post? Which other apps and techniques do you use, to edit your IG stories?
All these question I’d be open to answer, if only you’re curious of knowing. I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and found it in somewhat helpful or inspiring. Don’t forget to check out my Instagram, and let me know what you think of it. Please feel free to like this post and if you don’t want to miss any of my every Sunday posts, then make sure to follow my blog or subscribe by e-mail. Until next Sunday, I hope you have a wonderful week.
– Karen W. xx